Here's my thoughts on what could work "For love or money"
See here: http://mumbrella.com.au/nova
Noticed the change to conditions to email the idea to you. So here it is to legitimise the entry :)
Also a couple of changes is to run the campaign in blocks of 30 days. The idea is to build more of a continual momentum - as you'd do it again for another person over another 30days - this would help to accumulatively increase the amount of tweets (with #2DayIsNOVA / @novafm and new @novafm followers) pinning to win the next 30 days of NOVA (because they can see the hype around current winners)
NOVA means “new” – Tweet why your today is NOVA using hashtag #2DayIsNOVA and win 30 days of NOVA experiences that YOU decide you want to have.
- Get a massive Twitter following (on your account): we talk to you for 1 minute on 5 morning radio shows a week – Just give us your NOVA update & our listeners will need to follow your Tweets to find out what happens. On top of that your account gets the web exposure from http://www.novafm.com.au
- You get to live your dreams for 1 whole YEAR and we remove the limitations
What you have to do
Tweet something inspiring, funny, uplifting, or even stupid telling us why your today is NOVA. Tweet as much and as frequently as you like (Just follow & message @novafm and use #2DayIsNOVA so we can find it). If your messages get retweeted a lot – you’re probably doing something right – so tell you friends / followers as we regard your retweetability very highly.
This idea is about seeding influencers. Social media influencers are generally behind things going viral. Anyone can follow and read a person’s tweets, so Twitter’s open platform and current popularity is a perfect candidate for viral potential.
What is a juicy carrot for a Twitter influencer? Simple enough – they wouldn’t be influencers if they’re not interested in influencing. The carrot is more exposure and a substantially increased following on their Twitter account (and off) supported by Nova.
But the even juicier carrot is offering the person a way of experiencing 30 days to enhance his/her life. A lot of major social media influencers (like @iconic88) become that way because other people are attracted to their passion for something in life – so you’d find there’d be a lot of interest (by people that can build even greater interest too)
- How many times his/her #2dayIsNOVA message gets retweeted will be one indication of finding the best influencer
- using “2Day” in the hashtag #2DayIsNOVA will get under the skin of your major competitor
- Once you find a winner, you’d work out with that person 365 feasible things to do that makes each day NOVA
- You’d be looking for the nice side of reality TV effect (giving an ordinary Sydneysider the opportunities to fulfil his/her dreams). It’s a bonus if this person wants to give something back (on some of these 365 days) like charitable acts etc. The positivity effect will enhance the reputation of the campaign – so this might be the sort of person you’d look for.
- I’d say the cost couldn’t reach anywhere near for the spend of a major ad campaign or even a prized billboard space but you’d manage substantially more eyeballs (that continues and increases through the 30 NOVA days).
- The winner won’t need to be on a gruelling schedule like that of the “Best job in the world” – 140 characters is much easier than a blog.
If you like this idea the charity I’d promote is Monica’s Rescues (http://www.doggierescue.com).